10 Types of Washers
Whenever you are working on a construction project, it is important to ensure that you have the right materials for the job. There are many different types of washers out there, each specialized for a certain purpose. Keep reading for an overview of ten different types of washers.
A washer can come in a variety of shapes, sizes, materials or styles, including:
- Belleville washer: This washer is ever so slightly conical, so that the washer is slightly springy
- Bevel washer: This washer is slightly slanted so that you can work at an angle
- Bridge washer: This oversized reinforced washer is designed for wood construction
- Cup washer: This washer has a sunken center so that the bolt lies flush
- Finishing washer: This is designed to provide a smooth finish to your project
- Flat washer: These all-purpose washers are the most common type
- Lock washer: A lock washer has teeth that keep it from slipping or rotating
- Neoprene washer: When a tight seal is needed, a neoprene washer can lock in a way that a metal washer cannot
- Plate washer: A square washer provides a larger bearing surface then a round one can
- Torque washer: This washer has prongs on the underside to keep it from rotating or slipping
Although there are many different types of construction supplies out there, it is important to be sure that you have the right one for the job. Make sure that you know which washer is which. Call (800) 603-6887 today for more information about bolts and nuts available at Copper State.